Systems Installed: Fire Detection System
Completion date: September 2016
St Leonards Place is one of the finest examples of 19th century architecture in the city of York. The Façade remains unaltered since its construction over 160 years ago.
On the 3rd of February 1830 in a meeting of the committee for the state of the buildings in the ownership of York City Council it was decided that a project of great public improvement would be undertaken. The Project involved forming a spacious new street from the top of Blake Street, through the Mint Yard and ending at Boothams Bar. The effects of this new street were to be multiple; removing the danger of carriages careering through Little Blake Street; opening lucrative communication to council owned Mint Yard; making use of one of the councils currently least productive areas of land and gentrification of the whole area.
From its construction in 1834 St Leonards place served as housing for York’s elite until the middle of the 20th century when the ownership of the terrace reverted to the freehold, of York City Council and was converted into accommodation for local government departments.
Rushbond acquired the property in 2006 and are in the process of transforming York’s most recognisable collection of buildings back to their former glory as the City’s finest residential address. Converting the terrace into 5 luxurious town houses, 29 grand apartments and the addition of 6 conversion and new build mews properties.
WPS were appointed to install the Fire Detection System on this Prestigious building.